June 2012 onwards
Consultant in Spinal Injuries and Rehabilitation Medicine at London Spinal Cord Injury Centre and Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 4LP
Mr Desai worked as
- Acting up consultant in Neurological Rehabilitation at Newcastle upon Tyne, from January 2011 to May 2011
- Full time consultant in Trauma and Neurological Rehabilitation at University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, from January 2012 to June 2012
Mr Desai is clinical lead for Specialist Spinal Rehabilitation services at The Wellington Hospital, London and also affiliated with The Royal Buckinghamshire Hospital, Aylesbury and Spire Bushey Hospital.
1995 – 2004
Mr Desai worked as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, and came to UK for further advanced training in Orthopaedics, especially Spinal and Joint replacement surgery.
Mr Desai worked in Orhopaedics and Trauma units in different hospitals in UK from 2004 to 2007.
Mr Desai was awarded NTN and joined National Training Programme for Rehabilitation Medicine at Northern Deanery (International Centre for Neurological Rehabilitation and Neuropsychiatry, Walkergate Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne) from December 2007-2011, and successfully achieved CCT in Rehabilitation medicine.
- Musculoskeletal problems (low back pain and shoulder dysfunction) in Acute and chronic spinal Cord Injuries
- Depression following Spinal Cord Injury
- Use of Botulinum Toxin in Spasticity following Spinal Cord Injury
- Rehabilitation of patients with Malignant Spinal Tumours and Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression
- Rehabilitation of patients with Cauda Equina Syndrome and poly trauma