Our Musculoskeletalrehabilitation program is designed to help your recovery with impairments or disabilities after bone fractures, joint replacements, or issues related to muscles, bones, joints and nerves. Working closely in a highly specialized multidisciplinary team, your rehab will be guided by the therapists and nurses with ongoing reviews by the admitting consultant. We also have access to psychology, dieticians, and speech and language therapists should this be required.
Our inpatient rehabilitation program has been designed by experienced orthopaedic rehab experts, with the aim to increase the chances that you can return to a more normal life.
Musculoskeletal rehabilitation may specifically help your improvement in the following areas:
- Strengthening muscles
- Transfers such as getting in and out of bed and on and offa chair
- Dressing, bathing and activities of daily living
Our goal - the best recovery possible
Our service has access to the ASPIRE National Training Centre. The facilities here include a wheelchair-accessible swimming pool, which is 25 metres long and the temperature is maintained between 30-32°C. Along with a fully-equipped fitness studio which is equipped with a wide range of accessible gym equipment.
Our goal is to help you achieve the best recovery possible for your individual situation so that you can get back to a more normal daily routine as soon as possible.
Inclusion / exclusion criteria
- Patients who have appropriate rehabilitation needs which will be determined by a joint physio and OT assessment
- Patients that have no rehabilitation goals
- Patients that are unable to participate in the rehabilitation process due to the level of cognitive impairment
Fixed Price Self Pay Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Packages
Musculoskeletal Rehabilitationpackage for two weeks £16,500
- 13 bed nights
- Up to two daily one-to-one Physiotherapy sessions (60min sessions* weekends excluded)
- Up to two daily one-to-one Occupational Therapy sessions (60min sessions* weekends excluded)
- Physiotherapy sessions may include two sessions of hydrotherapy (as appropriate)
- OT and Physiotherapy sessions may include exercise classes or educational talks as listed below.
*Joint PT/OT session on Monday and Friday to review and set goals
**Any additional tests or required imaging would be chargeable
Exercise classes may include:
- Morning Stretching class
- Outdoor Mobility
Educational talks may include:
- Anatomy and healing
- Flare up management